Saint Johnsville 2011 Chamber Minuites Archive

Saint Johnsville
Community Website

A Business and Information Guide to The Mohawk Valley
The Official Website for the New York Town of Saint Johnsville

Proudly Serving the Mohawk Valley Area since 1998

[ Business Listings ] [ Home ] [ Table of Contents Page ]

 

CHAMBER MINUTES 2011

 

2011 Minutes - Jan | Feb | Mar | April  | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov | Dec

  

 


Minutes Of December 14, 2011

President Margaret DiGiacomo called the meeting to order at 6:36.

Attendance: John Lewandowski , Gail Murray, Eleanor Weaver, Ron Hezel, Judy Swartz. A MSC John/Ron to accept the November minutes.

Review of Financial Reports for November : Operating account $ 2,473.82, Fund Raiser, $ 2,616.57, Street Sign Projects, $ 1,598.00, Banner Account $ 104.56, Scholarship Fund $1,200.00, Sign Maintenance $ 2,626.00, Total Deposit Accounts $ 10Ą618.95

Breakdown available. A MSC Gail/John

Review and Payment of outstanding bills: $ 25.00 to Stewart Shop for a certificate from last years Holiday Decorating Contest. $200.00 To the Pattersons for wagon rides on December 4th. $350.00 To Roser Communications for advertisements December 2-4. $ 20.21 to Hummels for office supplies approved at the previous meeting. MSC John/ Ron.

Correspondence: Experience Work Services out of Cortland, N.Y. asking for a donation. A late newsletter from Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce.

Website: Report given by Ron Hezel . The St. Johnsville website had 104,457 hits for the year. Highest usage was in July, lowest was in December. What people look at the most : Village, Town, Real Estate, Indian Castle, Marina, Map of the area, Minutes, Scenic Pictures, Churches, Schools and Restaurants. N.Y. Mohawk Valley website had 10,856 page impressions. Ron suggested that a picture of the Chamber officers along with contact numbers be added to the site.

Old Business: Membership: 45 members The Festival of Wreath made $ 524.00. It was estimated that there was between 200-300 people that attended the Tree Lighting. Margaret contacted the street sign company to see if they would take half the payment. They said they would only accept the full amount ( $ 2189.54 ) A MSC Gail/Eleanor to take it from the street sign fund of $ 1,598.00 and the remainder from the operating fund.

New Business: Margaret was given the keys for the east and west end village signs from Tim Smith. There was no lock on west end sign and a new lock was on the east end sign.

Juanita Handy is working on the Chambers Directory. She is checking with the county to see if they will do the printing for us. Gail and Margaret will do the proof reading.

We will wait till the next meeting to discuss future banner purchases . Judy suggested that we advertise so that people are aware that they can be purchased in memory of someone. Perhaps in the Pennysaver or Courier. On the holiday decorating contest it was decided that we would wait until next year with new rules to be implemented at that time. These were: expiration date on certificate that states it must be used by September 1. That it must be used in a Chamber member business and you can not win 2 years in a row. A MSC to accept Eleanor/John . Motion to adjourn MSC Judy/Gail.

The next meeting January 18, at Grandmas' Kitchen, 7 West Main Street at 6:30 PM.

 

 Return to the top of the page

MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 09, 2011

President Margaret DiGiacomo called the meeting to order at 6:35.

Attendance: Gail Murray, Eleanor Weaver, Judy Swartz, Carmen Licari,

John Lewandowski, Juanita Handy, Michael Beran, Vincent Enea, Nancy DeFabiets, Ron Hezel, Sandy Lane, Joan Draus, Tim Smith, Deborah Smith, Laurie Britton. A MSC Tim/Laurie to accept the October minutes.

Review of Financial Reports for November: Operating account ,$2,779.43, Fund Raiser, $2,470.92, Street Sign Project $1,598.00, Banner Account, $104.56, Scholarship Fund, $1200.00, Sign Maintenance, $2,626.00. Total deposit accounts; $10,778.91. Breakdown available. There are no outstanding bills at this time. A MSC Gail/John.

Laurie Britton of Roser Communications (Bug Country) spoke about what her radio station could offer. A two-day and one-day event was discussed. This would showcase the businesses that participated and the events taking place over the weekend of December 2-4th. There would be a live broadcast for two hours. It was decided that since the Festival of Wreaths is December 2, and the tree lighting December 4, that a one day event with Bug Country on December 3, would be the best time for the live broadcast from 3-5 PM. Each business would promote the day by having special sales and planned events. The price for one day was $1350.00. This included 40 commercial spots ( to be done a week and a half prior to the events)as well as the live broadcast. The Chamber was asked to share in this expense. Margaret said that the Street Sign Project still needed to be completed. Chris Weaver gave her a cost of $ 2,189.54. The cost has gone up since 2009 because of an increase cost in the metals that they use now. There is $1,598.00 in our Street Sign Fund. The rest would have to be raised. A  spaghetti dinner fundraiser was suggested by Vinny to be held at his restaurant in Little Falls. Margaret expressed her concerns with that because the Benefit  Club has offered their services and we should give them our business since they are in town. A bottle program that the American Legion/ Toni Susi and Wal-Mart participated in was explain by Margaret. They have offered the job to us for a month. We would supply the volunteers to sort bottles.  A MSC Tim/Vinny to give Chris Weaver a deposit from the sign fund of $750.00 to $1000.00 to secure the current cost of the street signs. A MSC Vinny/Carmen was then made for the Chamber to give $350.00 to Bug Country. Laurie wrote up an agreement and several businesses signed it. The weekend of December 2nd-4th will be called Christmas Stroll.

Website: Ron Hezel explained how the websites, www.stjohnsville.com and www.nymohawkvalley.com, were started, and how the people became involved in it, and how it has grown. Just this year we have received 95,909 hits. The chamber pays for the out of pocket expenses. This includes URL fee  ($30.00 a year) and the web server ( $20.00 a month). A recent payment of $688.00 for 2 years of service was given to Ron. Ron acts as a publisher. People from the community, local organizations and businesses send him information and he posts it. He donates his time and services. In return the Chamber pays his membership.

Old Business: Membership: We now have 44 members. The bus trip to the Lee outlets was a success. We made 560.00.The refreshments and gifts for the tree lighting are set. Margaret will ask 12 people from the community who will make 2 dozen cupcakes.

New Business: A MSC by Sandy/Carmen for Margaret to purchase office supplies. A MSC by Gail/Tim for Margaret to purchase wreaths after Christmas for next Festival of Wreaths. Tim will contact the Pennysaver to do a business sponsored ad. The Chamber's events for the weekend of December 2-4 will be highlighted in it. The meeting in January will be moved to January 18  from the 11. Margaret will be out of town on the 11th.Motion to adjourn Vinny/Juanita. The next meeting is December 14, at Grandma's Kitchen, 7 West Main Street at 6:30 PM.

 

 Return to the top of the page

MINUTES OF OCTOBER 12, 2011

President Margaret DiGiacomo called the meeting to order at 6:40 PM

Attendance: Margaret DiGiacomo, John Lewandowski, Judy Swartz, Carolyn Williams, Gail Murray, Tim Smith, Juanita Handy. A MSC John/Gail to accept the September minutes.

Correspondence.   A letter from the Ambulance Corp.  asking for a donation.   A letter from the Montgomery County Chamber of commerce outlining their agenda for the next month.

Review of Financial Report: Carolyn Williams reported balances as follows :

For August and September - operating account $1724.43, fundraiser -$104.56, street sign project - $1,598.00, banner account - $104.56, scholarship fund; $1,200.00, sign maintenance; $2,626.00. total amount $7,519.51. Non-dedicated totals: $1,990.95.  Breakdown available.  A  MSC  Gail/Tim

Web Site ( Ron Hezel ) None

Review & Payment of Outstanding Bills: A payment of $50.00 to Granny's for a 2010 holiday gift certificate.  It was decided that in the future it will be noted on the certificate that it must be spent at the businesses of chamber members only.  A list of those will be attached to the certificate.  A MSC Carolyn/Juanita.  

Old Business: Membership stands as 30 out of 57 have paid. A reminder will be sent to those who have not sent in their dues.  The Grand Opening of the 5 new business were held on 7th and 8th. The bake sale at the bank netted $258.85.  Special thanks to Carmen Licari  who donated the hotdogs and rolls. The Chamber offices are now at the Community House.  An inventory has been taken. The only item we did not take was the copy machine, per Tim Smith. Joan Conboy wanted $ 300.00. We could not afford it. It was decided that the  signs at the east and west end of the village, and the Marina sign will be  reviewed  in the spring at which time cleaning and repairs will be made. The sign fund account will be used.  It was decided that a letter would be sent to Ron Hezel telling him a monthly report will be needed.  Also that we need a printout on the website telling us what he has done to update it. 

New Business: An offer was made by Tim Smith for 2 cows and 1 calf in exchange for the 2 folding tables. (MSC Gail/Carolyn.)  The Festival of Wreaths will be held on December 2nd. The American Legion will sponsor a chili supper starting at 4:30 PM. We will provide sheet cakes for dessert. Carolyn was given the tickets for the raffle. These will be sold at the bank. On December 4, the annual tree lighting  and bonfire will be held. We need to contact the police and fire departments on the date and time, with fire department being in charge of the bonfire. Other people to notify are Terry Wilson, the Patterson's, regarding the sleigh rides, and playing Santa Claus. Roy Thompson has purchased the gifts for the children. Letters were sent to several businesses asking for donations towards this event. We have received donations from the following: Wal-Mart - $25.00, Hannaford- $ 20.00, Price Chopper-$15.00 and 100 hot and cold cups, and Richardson; a bag of candy. Juanita will be in charge of the smores and cocoa.  Cupcakes for this event will be donated.  Carolyn reported on the trip to Lee, Mass. outlets 23 people out of 46 that reserved, have paid so far a total of $1,149.70.

It was brought up by Tim that we should dissolve the banner account. Any monies left would be put in the sign maintenance fund. Before dissolving, Gail will ask the new businesses to see if they are interested in purchasing banners at $175. A minimum order of 10 is needed to get that price, Margaret is checking to see if prices have changed. Signs can be used as memorials.

Motion to adjourn: MSC Tim/Gail

 Next meeting, Wednesday, November 9th, 2011 at Grandma's Kitchen , 7 West Main St. at 6:30 PM.

 Return to the top of the page

MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 19, 2011

 

PRESIDENT TIM SMITH CALLED THE MEETING HELD AT LOMBARDOíS TO ORDER AT 7:15 PM. ATTENDANCE: TIM SMITH & WIFE, JIM CASTRUCCI & GUEST, CAROLYN WILLIAMS & HUSBAND, MARGARET DI GIACOMO, ELEANOR WEAVER, JUDY SWARTZ, SANDY LANE, ROY THOMSOM & WIFE, BERNARD BARNES & GUEST, MATHA MONTANA & GUEST, ANITA SMITH - GUEST SPEAKER. 

AUGUST MINUTES REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED. MSC JIM/SANDY 

CORRESPONDENCE:    LETTER FROM THE H C SMITH BENEFIT CLUB THANKING US FOR THE DONATION OF A USED REFRIGERATOR. 

REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORT: THE BALANCES FOR AUGUST & SEPTEMBER WILL BE PRESENTED ON OCTOBER 12TH  AT THE COMMUNITY HOUSE. 

REVIEW & PAYMENTS OF OUTSTANDING BILLS: NONE 

OLD BUSINESS: NONE 

NEW BUSINESS: THERE WILL BE GRAND OPENINGS FOR 5 NEW BUSINESSES & 1 REOPENING IN THE VILLAGE ON OCTOBER 7TH  AND 8TH  AND FOUR NEW BANNERS WILL BE NEEDED SINCE WE ONLY HAVE ONE, THE COST WOULD BE $200.00. A MOTION WAS NEEDED TO PURCHASE 4 MORE BANNERS FOR THE GRAND OPENINGS. MSC GAIL/JUANITA

TIM THANKED THE CHAMBER BOARD AND ALL THE MEMBERS, VILLAGE BOARD AND THE DPW, POLICE DEPARTMENT AND ALL THE VOLUNTEERS THAT HELPED DURING THE EVENTS THAT WERE SPONSORED BY THE CHAMBER.  

THERE ARE EVENTS THAT THE CHAMBER IS SPONSORING FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2011 YEAR, A BUS TRIP FOR TO LEE OUTLETS IN MASSACHUSETTS, THE GRAND OPENING OF FIVE NEW BUSINESSES AND ONE GRAND REOPENING, THE CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING, THE FESTIVAL OF WREATHS AND THE CHILI SUPPER. 

JUANITA PRESENTED THE BOARD OF OFFICERS AS FOLLOWS: PRESIDENT, MARGARET DI GIACOMO- VICE PRESIDENT, GAIL MURRAY-TREASURER, ELEANOR MILLER-SECRETARY, JUDY SWARTZ. 

THERE WERE NO NOMINATIONS FROM THE FLOOR. MSC CAROLYN/ SANDY. 

TIM ASKED MARGARET IF THERE WAS ANYTHING THAT SHE WOULD LIKE TO SAY AND SHE STATED THAT IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER AND MAKE ST. JOHNSVILLE A BETTER COMMUNITY AND A PLACE THAT PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN. GAIL WAS ASKED AND STATED THE SAME AS WHAT MARGARET SAID, JUDY HAD NO COMMENT AND ELEANOR SAID THAT SHE WAS VERY HAPPY TO BE IN THE TREASURERíS POSITION. BERNIE WAS ASKED IF THERE WAS ANYTHING HE WOULD LIKE TO SAY AND HE STATED THAT IT WAS TIME FOR THIS COMMUNITY TO GET TOGETHER AND WORK AS A WHOLE AND HE FELT THAT THIS HAS BEEN SOMEWHAT ACCOMPLISHED IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS. ANITA STATED THAT WHEN PEOPLE ARE IN BUSINESS THEY DONíT HAVE AS MUCH TIME AND WE SHOULD TRY TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE WHO ARE RETIRED OR NOT WORKING TO GET MORE INVOLVED. WE ALL HAVE TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND MOVE FORWARD.

MOTION TO ADJOURN: MSC MARGARET! GAIL

NEXT MEETING: OCTOBER 12, 2011 AT THE COMMUNITY HOUSE AT 6:30 PM.

 Return to the top of the page


MINUTES OF AUGUST 17, 2011

PRESIDENT TIM SMITH CALLED THE MEETING TO ORDER AT 6:35 PM ATTENDANCE: TIM SMITH, DEBBIE SMITH, MARGARET DI GIACOMO, GAIL MURRAY, JIM CASTRUCCI, CAROLYN WILLIAMS, KEITH HANDY, JOHN LEWANDOWSKI.

JULY MINUTES REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED, WITH ONE CORRECTION ON THE MEMBERSHIP NUMBER WHICH SHOULD 55. MSC GAIL/JIM

CORRESPONDENCE: NONE

REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORT: CAROLYN REPORTED BALANCES AS FOLLOWS: OPERATING EXPENSES $1,126.21, FUND RAISER $2,287.67, CLOCK FUND $3,468.00, BANNER ACCOUNT $104.56, SIGN MAINTENANCE $2,550.70. TOTAL AMOUNT $9,537.14. THIS AFTERNOON A PAYMENT OF $50 WAS RECEIVED FOR SIGN MAINTENANCE AND $65.00 FOR MEMBERSHIP FROM THE HOUSING AUTHORITY WHICH WILL SHOW UP NEXT MONTH ON THE FINANCIALS. ALSO A TRANSFER $1,000.00 FROM FUND RAISER TO OPERATING ACCOUNT TO COVER EXPENSES, $500.00 WAS FROM MARINA . MSC JUANITE/MARGARET.

WEB SITE: (RON HEZEL) NO REPORT

REVIEW & PAYMENTS OF OUTSTANDING BILLS: STEWART'S FOR FUND RAISER AT THE MARINA, PRINTING OF BROCHURES BILL WAS $649.03, $100.43 FOR TROPHIES FOR SOAP BOX RACE AT THE SPRINGFEST, RON HEZEL BILLS $598.00 FOR THE URAL FOR 2011, $25.00 FOR PAPER AND INK SUPPLY REPLACEMENTS NO INVOICES WERE SUBMITTED. IT WAS DECIDED TO HOLD PAYMENT TO MR. HEZEL PENDING HIS SUBMITTING INVOICES. IT WAS ALSO DECIDED THAT THE APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN COLOR. MSC KEITH/MARGARET

OLD BUSINESS: MEMBERSHIP STILL AT 55, NO CORRESPONDENCE, ANNUAL ELECTION DINNER-LOMBARDO'S ON MONDAY, 9/19 AT 6:00 PM GAIL SHOWED FLYER TO TIM, LOMBARDO'S NEED HEAD COUNT 1 WEEK BEFORE DINNER, SLATE OF OFFICERS, PRESIDENT MARGARET

DI GIACOMO, VICE PRESIDENT GAIL MURRAY, SECRETARY JUDY SWARTZ, TREASURER ELEANOR WEAVER. GAIL QUESTIONED WHY MEMBERS WHO NEVER CAME TO MEETING SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TIM SAID THAT IS PART OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP. TIM FELT THAT THE SLATE OF OFFICERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER.

THERE WAS A DISCUSSION ABOUT 3 ON THE SLATE REPRESENTING MEMBERS AND IT WAS DECIDED THAT A LETTER FROM THAT MEMBER STATING THIS PERSON COULD REPRESENT THEM WOULD BE NEEDED. IF THIS WAS NOT WHAT THE CHAMBER FELT WAS PROPER THAN THEY COULD COME IN UNDER AN ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP AS BARBARA KIRBY HAD DONE IN THE PAST. CAROLYN ASKED IF EVERY OTHER YEAR WAS FREE AND TIM SAID NO. IT WAS DECIDED TO ACCEPT THE SLATE OF OFFICERS PENDING GETTING THE LETTERS MSC KEITH/JOHN THE SIGNS ON THE EAST & WEST ENDS OF THE VILLAGE DO BELONG TO THE CHAMBER & WE HAVE PAID FOR THE INSURANCE ON THIS SIGN & THE MARINA SIGN. THEREFORE WE HAVE TO MAINTAIN THEM. CAROLYN ASKED IF WE COULD SEND A CHECK TO CAROL PUTMAN FOR $100.00 THAT SHE PAYS FOR ON THE SIGN AT THE WEST END OF THE VILLAGE. MSC MARGARET/JOHN

 

NEW BUSINESS: GRAND OPENINGS FOR NEW BUSINESSES & 1 REOPENING IN THE VILLAGE WILL BE ON OCTOBER 15th CAROLYN SAID THAT WE SHOULD HAVE A NICE CELEBRATION AND SHE WILL BE THINKING ABOUT THINGS TO DO AND GAIL & MARGARET SAID THEY WOULD HELP. CAROLYN HAD STATED THAT CARMEN HAS FOUND OUT ABOUT THE BUS TRIP TO LEE ON OCTOBER 29th AND FOR BUS WITH 50 PEOPLE AT $49.95 PER PERSON WE WOULD MAKE ABOUT $825.00. SHE WILL CHECK ON A TRIP TO WATERLOU. TIM RECEIVED A LETTER DATED JULY 28, 2011, FROM THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE TO HAVE THE LEASE RELINQUISHED, A COPY OF THAT LETTER IS ATTACHED. TIM SAID HE WOULD BE HONORING THIS EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO SIGNATURES AND HE DID NOT GIVE THE  NOMINATING COMMITTEE TO MAKE THAT DECISION ON BEHALF OF ALL THE CHAMBER MEMBERS. THE BUILDING HAS ALREADY BEEN LEASED. THE TAPE RECORDER IS ALSO THE CHAMBER. A LIST OF THE INVENTORY IS ALSO ENCLOSED. EVERYTHING IN THE CLOSET BELONGS TO THE CHAMBER. THE REFRIGERATOR CANNOT BE SOLD BUT CAN BE DONATED. I RECEIVED A CALL AFTER THE MEETING FROM JIM STATING THE 2 WOULD BE GIVEN TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AND 1 TO THE BENEFIT CLUB. TIM MADE A MOTION ON THE CLOCK PROJECT IT WAS DECIDED TO SEND THE DONATED MONEY BACK WITH A LETTER. MSC MARGARET/GAIL DEBBIE FELT THAT MONEY MADE THROUGH FUND RAISERS SHOULD BE USED TO COMPLETE THE STREET SIGN PROJECT. THE 50/50 RAFFLE HELD AT THE FAIR AND THE LOTTERY BOARD AT LAST NIGHT. EVERYONE WAS IN AGREEMENT. MOTION WAS MADE TO PUT THIS MONEY INTO SIGN FUND REPLACING THE CLOCK FUND. MSC JIM/GAIL TIM THOUGHT THAT THE COST WOULD BE ABOUT $1,400/$1,600 FOR THE BALANCE OF THE SIGNS. HE ALSO STATED THAT ANY SIGNS TAKEN DOWN SHOULD GO TO THE CHAMBER AND POSSIBLY BE AUCTIONED OFF. BEECH-NUT, NBT BANK AND GEORGE AMEDORE WILL BE CONTACTED TO SEE IF THEY WOULD BE WILLING TO LET US KEEP MONEY THEY DONATED, TO FINISH THE STREET SIGN PROJECT. TIM TALKED ABOUT A FUND RAISER AT MACDONALD'S PANCAKE WHERE YOU JUST SERVE AND CLEAN TABLES AND YOU CAN MAKE $500/$700 THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS ADVERTISE. CAROLYN SAID NBT IS GOING ON FACEBOOK SO THAT MAY RE ANOTHER THING THAT THE CHAMBER COULD DO.

MOTION TO ADJOURN: MSC MARGARET/ JOHN NEXT MEETING: LOMBARDO'S  SEPTEMBER 19th .

 

 Return to the top of the page

MINUTES OF JULY 13, 2011

PRESIDENT TIM SMITH CALLED THE MEETING TO ORDER AT 6:38 PM

ATTENDANCE: TIM SMITH, MARGARET DI GIACOMO, GAIL MURRAY, JUANITA HANDY, JIM CASTRUCCI, CAROLYN WILLIAMS, ANTHONY SUSI.

MAY MINUTES REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED, MSC JUANITA/GAIL

CORRESPONDENCE: NONE

REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORT: CAROLYN REPORTED BALANCES AS FOLLOWS: OPERATING EXPENSES $813.13, FUND RAISER $3287.67, CLOCK FUND $3,468.00, BANNER ACCOUNT $104.56, SIGN MAINTENANCE $2,175.50. TOTAL AMOUNT $9,848.86. TRANSFER $1,000.00 FROM FUND RAISER TO OPERATING ACCOUNT TO COVER EXPENSES, $220.00 WAS FROM MARINA . MSC JUANITA/MARGARET. WEB SITE: (RON HEZEL) NO REPORT

REVIEW & PAYMENTS OF OUTSTANDING BILLS: SIX BILLS TOTALING $302.92.

OLD BUSINESS: MEMBERSHIP STILL AT 72, CHAMBER BROCHURE-JUANITA HAS TO CONTACT PRINTER, NO CORRESPONDENCE, ANNUAL ELECTION DINNER-LOMBARDO'S ON MONDAY, 9/19 AT 6:00 PM MARGARET WILL ASK ANITA SMITH TO SPEAK, NOMINATING COMMITTEE- WILL PRESENT AT AUGUST MEETING.

NEW BUSINESS: ANTHONY SUSI ASKED ABOUT THE $1,000. SCHOLARSHIP FOR DAVID JONES AND SINCE IT WAS NOT GIVEN THIS YEAR AND WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY MONEY FOR THE BENCH. WE NEEDED TO GIVE A CRITERIA FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP FOR NEXT YEAR. CRITERIA WOULD BE FOR ATHLETICS, COACH, SPORTS, TWO $500.00 FOR 1 BOY & 1 GIRL. SIGNS AT EAST & WEST END OF VILLAGE AND MARINA-CAROLYN CONTACTED PATRICK WILLIAMS FEELS THAT NO PROBLEM WITH SIGN ON EAST END SHE WILL HAVE HIM CHECK OTHER SIGNS. FUND RAISER COULD BE A TRIP TO THE LEE OUTLETS, MASS. IN OCTOBER 10/15, 10/22 OR 10/29 FOR THE TRIP. ANTHONY OR CAROLYN WILL CHECK WITH CARMEN ABOUT ARRANGING THIS TRIP. MARGARET ASKED ABOUT THE CLOCK FUND & TIM SAID HE WILL BE WORKING ON THAT PROBABLY IN SEPTEMBER.

MOTION TO ADJOURN: MSC JUANITA/MARGARET

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2011 AT 6:30 PM, 1 EAST MAIN STREET

 

 Return to the top of the page

 

 

NO MEETING HELD IN JUNE 2011

 Return to the top of the page

 

MINUTES OF MAY 11, 2011 MEETING 

PRESIDENT TIM SMITH CALLED THE MEETING TO ORDER AT 6:42 PM

ATTENDANCE: TIM SMITH, MARGARET DI GIACOMO, JUANITA HANDY, JIM CASTRUCCI, JOHN GEESLER, CAROLYN WILLIAMS, GAIL & BOB MURRAY, FRED MANG .

APRIL MINUTES REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED. MSC JUANITA /GAIL

CORRESPONDENCE: NONE.

REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORT AND PAYMENT OF BILLS : CAROLYN WILLIAMS REPORTED BALANCES AS FOLLOWS: OPERATING ACCOUNT $2,139.12, FUND RAISER $5,067.67, CLOCK FUND $3,468.00, BANNER ACCOUNT $104.56, SIGN MAINTENANCE $2,125.14. TOTAL AMOUNT $12,904.49.

REVIEW AND PAYMENT OF OUTSTANDING BILLS TOTAL $2,367.99. 12 CHECKS. BREAKDOWN AVAILABLE. MSC MARGARET/JON

WEB SITE: (RON HEZEL) 24,350 HITS ON OUR WEBSITE AND 2,233 ON MOHAWK VALLEY WEBSITE

OLD BUSINESS: MEMBERSHIP, NO CHANGE . SPRING HOURS FOR CHAMBER WILL BE JUNE - SEPTEMBER 11:00 AM TO 1:00 PM. JON HAS GOT THE WAGON FOR MEMORIAL DAY & TIM WILL BE GETTING THE BANNERS. SPRINGFEST INCOME STATEMENT PRESENTED BY CAROLYN TOTAL INCOME $2,692.17. FEEDBACK AS FAR AS PARADE PEOPLE WERE DISAPPOINTED SO THAT MIGHT AGAIN BE

DONE FOR SPRINGFEST NEXT YEAR. IF THERE IS GOING TO BE A PARADE NOTICES SHOULD BE GIVEN TO MARCHERS & BANDS PARTICIPATING IN VIOLETFEST. JUANITA WANTS ROAD RALLY IN EVENING SINCE THERE WAS A NO SHOW. ALSO TIM FELT PAGEANT SHOULD BE DOWNTOWN & SUGGESTED RENTING A TENT. MOTION WAS MADE TO GIVE THE METHODIST CHURCH A DONATION FOR THE USE OF THE LAWN OF $150.00, MSC MARGARET/CAROLYN. MIGHT HAVE BREAKFAST FOR MOTHER'S DAY EITHER AT COMMUNITY HOUSE OR MASONIC TEMPLE.

NEW BUSINESS: JUANITA IS WORKING ON THE CHAMBER BROCHURE. WILL PUT TWISTER VALLEY EVENTS IN BROCHURE ALSO. INFORMATION ON SPRINGEST MAY 10TH, 11TH, & 12TH. WILL BE IN BROCHURE ALSO. ANNUAL DINNER WILL BE SEPTEMBER 19TH. NEED COSTS FOR SPOUSES. TIM WILL GET THAT PRICE. NOMINATING COMMITTEE STILL WORKING ON IT. GAIL HAS EXPRESSED AN INTEREST AND DEANA HORENDER HAS VOLUNTEERED TO BE TREASURER. SIGNS EAST & WEST OF VILLAGE NEED WORK DONE IT WAS SUGGESTED TO CONTACT PAT WILLIAMS FOR A PRICE. CAROLYN WILL BE GETTING IN TOUCH WITH TOWPATH SPONSORS TO HAVE THEM PICK UP SHIRTS AT THE BANK. RON WAS WONDERING IF WE STILL WANTED TO DO A CHICKEN BARBEQUE AT TWISTER VALLEY ON SAT. AFTER 3:00. TIM WOULD LIKE CHAMBER TO PUT ON A SIMPLE BREAKFAST (BAGLES DANISHES COFFEE) MEETING AT 8:00 IN THE MORNING, ON JUNE 13TH, TO DISCUSS THE MICRO-ENTERPRISE GRANT AT THE COMMUNITY HOUSE POSSIBLY ON FOR BUSINESSES (NO CONSTRUCTION) USE IT FOR STOCK, EQUIPMENT, ETC. ICE CREAM SOCIAL WAS DISCUSSED AT THE MARINA & MARGARET WILL CALL DENISE TO CHECK DATE ON WHEN SUN MOUNTAIN FIDDLER WILL BE PLAYING.

MOTION TO ADJOURNED : MSC CAROLYN

 

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8TH, 2011 AT 6:30 PM, 1 EAST MAIN STREET.

 

 Return to the top of the page

 

 

MINUTES OF APRIL 13, 2011 MEETING

 

PRESIDENT TIM SMITH CALLED THE MEETING TO ORDER AT 6:40 PM

ATTENDANCE: TIM SMITH, MARGARET DI GIACOMO, LAURIE BRITTON, JUANITA HANDY, JIM CASTRUCCI, JOHN GEESLER, ANGELA BLAKELEE.

MARCH MINUTES REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED. MSC MARGARET /JUANITA

CORRESPONDENCE: LETTER FROM ST. JOHNSVILLE SCHOOL ASKING IF THE CHAMBER WILL CONTINUE AWARD OF $200.00 FOR A GRADUATING STUDENT FURTHERING THEIR EDUCATION IN BUSINESS IF POSSIBLE MSC JUANITA/JIM. ALSO LET THEM KNOW THAT WE WILL BE GIVING A $1,000.00 SCHOLARSHIP IN MEMORY OF DAVID JONES. LETTER FROM .I AND M AMUSEMENTS ASKING THAT WE LET THEM PARTICIPATE IN SPRINGFEST, ALL AMUSEMENTS ARE BLOW UP RIDES ETC. WE WOULD BASICALLY GET $200 FOR THEM TO SET PLUS 25% OF THE TOTAL TAKE. WILL BE SETUP IN THE PARKING LOT FACING THE LAWN. THEY DO HAVE INSURANCE & DO ALL THEIR OWN SET UP. ANOTHER PARTICIPANT WILL BRING IN A TRAILER SO WE WILL NEED SPACE FOR THEM, THEY ALSO OPEN THE BACK TO DEMONSTRATE THE PRODUCT THEY ARE SELLING. FLYER FROM DIANE BURKDORF WHICH IS USED IN LITTLE FALLS SHOWING EVENTS GOING ON WEEKENDS, FLYERS ARE LEFT IN BUSINESSES AND PASSED OUT TO CUSTOMERS, WAS DECIDED THAT THIS WOULD BE EXPENSIVE SO WE WILL TRY TO LIST EVENTS ON EITHER THE COMMUNITY BOARD BY THE BEAUTY PARLOR OR SET UP A BOARD BY THE CHAMBER SIGN. DECIDED TO DO THIS FOR SPRINGFEST.

REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORT AND PAYMENT OF BILLS : CAROLYN WILLIAMS REPORTED BALANCES AS FOLLOWS: OPERATING ACCOUNT $859.57, FUND RAISER $2,899.72, CLOCK FUND $3,468.00, BANNER ACCOUNT $104.56, SIGN MAINTENANCE $2,124.97, TOTAL AMOUNT $9,456.82.

BREAKDOWN AVAILABLE. MSC MARGARET/JUANITA

WEB SITE: (RON HEZEL) NO REPORT

REVIEW & PAYMENTS OF OUTSTANDING BILLS: $710.41 INSURANCE, $200.00 SCHOLARSHIPS, $7,56 ENVELOPES, TOTAL $917.97 MSC MARGARET/JUANITA

OLD BUSINESS: MEMBERSHIP 2 NEW MEMBERS GIVEN PREVIOUSLY MOHAWK TOWN AND COUNTRY & ROSER COMMUNICATIONS.

CLOCK PROJECT: NO REPORT

SPRING HOURS FOR HAVING CHAMBER OPEN WILL BE JUNE-SEPTEMBER HOURS WILL BE 11:00 AM TO 1:00 PM MARGARET WILL BE GETTING PEOPLE TO OPEN DURING THAT TIME.

OLD BUSINESS: MEMORIAL DAY PARADE CHAMBER FLOAT, SPOKE TO PENNYSAVER ON BANNERS THEY AVERAGE LOW END ABOUT $54.00 AND UP. IT WAS DECIDED THAT THE SPRINGFEST PAGEANT WINNERS WILL BE RIDING ON THE FLOAT. WE DECIDED TO DO THREE BANNERS ONE ON THE BACK WOULD ST. JOHNSVILLE CHAMBER. IT WAS DECIDED TO PUT A PICTURE OF THE COMMUNITY HOUSE, LIBRARY AND CHECK FOR OTHER PICTURES. TOP COST FOR BANNERS IS $200.00. LAURIE BRITTON HAS PAGEANT ALL SET. PRE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR THE PAGEANT. 5:30 IS FOR REGISTRATION. THE CRITERIA FOR THIS IS BASICALLY A DRESSY DRESS, APPEARANCE , NOT GLAMOUR. SHE ALSO CAME TO SEE IF WE WOULD DO PROMOTIONS USING THE RADIO STATION. WE DECIDED THE AMOUNT WE WOULD SPEND WOULD BE $1,350.00, THIS WOULD BE FOR 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO SPRINGFEST WITH 50 COMMERCIALS, BUG COUNTRY & KISS FM WILL BE USED IF MONEY CAN BE RAISED. WE WILL HAVE TO LET LAURIE KNOW IF WE WANT IT BY AT LEAST 4/20. THE TIME PERIOD WOULD BE 4/25-5/7. IT WAS DECIDED TO HAVE THE REMOTE FROM 12:00 to 2:00. NBT WILL POSSIBLY DONATE AND JIM WILL BE TRYING TO SEE IF MOHAWK COMFORT WOULD DONATE. IT WAS DECIDED TO PUT THE VAN IN BACK OF THE THRIFT STORE AND HAVE THEM BROADCAST FROM THERE. ANGELA WAS HERE FOR THE GIRL SCOUTS AND WE GAVE HER SUGGESTIONS SUCH AS GETTING ICE CREAM FROM STEWART'S AND MAKING SUNDAE'S, THIS WOULD BE NO COST WITH 100% PROFIT, ALSO TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PAGEANT. ANGELA HAD STATED THAT THE SCAVENGER HUNT WHICH WAS HELD ON FIRST NIGHT, EVERYONE SHE TALKED WITH THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS GREAT. MIGHT BE SOMETHING FOR NEXT YEAR. JAIL & BAIL WILL BE DONE ON 5/6 . APPLICATIONS ARE BEING HANDED OUT. JOHN IS GOING TO CHECK FOR PEOPLE AT HELMONT THAT THEY CAN ARREST FOR JAIL & BAIL. THE CHICKEN BARBEQUE IS SET, 375 CHICKENS AND 300 POTATOES ARE ORDERED. ROLLS ARE DONATED. LYNN AT THE REHAB WAS CONTACTED AND SHE WILL LET CAROLYN KNOW ON 4/15 IF THEY WILL BE DOING CUPCAKES AND IF THEY WILL GIVE US A PRICE ON COLE SLAW. WE NEED 30 DOZEN CUPCAKES. IT WAS ALSO DISCUSSED THAT WE ELIMINATE THE COLE SLAW AND GO WITH BAKED BEANS POSSIBLY NEXT, IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER AND LESS EXPENSIVE. SERVERS FOR THE BARBEQUE ARE LUCY LICARI, ROSE DOLAN, CHRIS SMITH, WE WILL BE CHECKING FOR OTHERS. FOR THE TOWPATH WE WILL NEED THE CUPCAKES, ALSO WATERMELON AND CUT BACK ON THE ORANGES. WE WILL NEED TWO 30 CUP COFFEE POTS. SOAP BOX DERBY IS SET.

TIM WILL BE CONTACTING GAIL MURRAY ON THE RIB COOK OFF, ROAD RALLY IS ALL SET WITH JUANITA HANDLING THIS. IT IS SCHEDULED FOR THE AFTERNOON. JUANITA STATED THAT THE JUNIOR CLASS IS GOING TO HAVE A CAR CRUISE SATURDAY AT A LOT NEAR STEWART'S. A PANCAKE BREAKFAST WAS DISCUSSED FOR THE GIRL SCOUTS AT THE COMMUNITY HOUSE. CHILD ID WAS DISCUSSED AND IT COULD BE DONE AT THE CHAMBER. JOHN STATED THE TOWPATH RUN IS SET AS FAR AS TROPHIES & T SHIRTS.

NEW BUSINESS: JUANITA IS GOING TO UPDATE THE BROCHURE. TIM ASKED FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE AND JUANITA & MARGARET VOLUNTEER. ALSO A COMMITTEE IS NEEDED FOR THE ANNUAL DINNER IN SEPTEMBER. CAROLYN & MARGARET VOLUNTEERED.

MOTION TO ADJOURN : MSC JUANITA/MARGARET

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 2011 AT 6:30 PM, 1 EAST MAIN STREET.

 

 Return to the top of the page

MINUTES OF MARCH 9, 2011 MEETING

PRESIDENT TIM SMITH CALLED THE MEETING TO ORDER AT 6:42 PM

ATTENDANCE: TIM SMITH, MARGARET DI GIACOMO, GAIL MURRAY, JUNAITA HANDY, JIM CASTRUCCI, JOHN GEESLER

FEBRUARY MINUTES REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED, MSC JUANITA/JIM

CORRESPONDENCE: LETTER FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY CHAMBER SHOWING MEMBERSHIP, LETTER FROM ST. JOHNSVILLE SCHOOL ASKING IF THE CHAMBER WANTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COW AND CALF PROGRAM, WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM SARAH (ART TEACHER) WITH REGARD TO OUR COW AUCTION. WE WOULD WANT ABOUT 20 COWS FOR THE AUCTION. MSC MARGARET/JUANITA TO AUCTION OFF CHAMBERS COW AND ORDER ANOTHER ONE. LETTER FROM AMERICAN LEGION REQUESTING A DONATION FOR THE BENCHES (MORRIS J. EDWARDS & DAVID JONES) TO BE DEDICATED MEMORIAL DAY. WILL HAVE A FOOD SALE AT BANK ON 4/14 AND PROCEEDS WILL BE FOR BENCHES.

REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORT: CAROLYN REPORTED BALANCES AS FOLLOWS: OPERATING EXPENSES $1,203.57, FUND RAISER $1,842.72, CLOCK FUND $3,468.00, BANNER ACCOUNT $135.56, SIGN MAINTENANCE $2,124,79. TOTAL AMOUNT $8,756.64. MSC JIM/JOHN

WEB SITE: (RON HEZEL) NO REPORT

REVIEW & PAYMENTS OF OUTSTANDING BILLS: NONE

OLD BUSINESS: MEMBERSHIP NO UPDATE

CLOCK PROJECT: JIM SPOKE TO GEORGE SOUZA NO NEW INFO, HE WILL TALK TO BENEFIT CLUB WITH REGARD TO THEIR HOSTING A CLAM BAKE FOR CLOCK PROJECT.

SPRING HOURS: 6/1/11-LABOR DAY MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM

NEW BUSINESS: SPRINGFEST EVENT LETTERS TO SPONSORS CAROLYN WILL GET OUT, BARBEQUE ON 5/6 FROM 4:00-7:00 PM, TENT PROVIDED BY TOM FLANDERS & AMERICAN LEGION WILL HAVE CASINO NIGHT. WE WILL ALSO HAVE A 50/50 RAFFLE. PRICE FOR BARBEQUE WE BELIEVE IS $8.00. LAURIE BRITFON HAS PAGEANT ALL SET. JOHN WILL CHECK ON VOLUNTEERS NEXT MONTH FOR TOWPATH RUN, GAIL WILL HELP WITH REGISTRATION. APPLICATIONS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO VARIOUS LOCATIONS FOR TOWPATH RUN. JAIL AND BAIL WHICH WILL BE ON FRIDAY 5/6 NEEDS A CHAIR PERSON, CARMEN LICARI WAS SUGGESTED & TIM WILL CONTACT HIM. GAIL HAS SAID PEOPLE HAVE ASKED ABOUT A RIB BARBEQUE COOK-OFF. SHE WILL CHECK TO SEE HOW IT SHOULD BE RUN AND HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD BE INTERESTED. STEVE SAMMONS WILL BE DOING THE SOAP BOX DERBY. CATTLE AUCTION IF WE HAVE IT WILL START AT 10:00/10:30 AM, ROAD RALLY (JUANITA) WILL START AROUND 2:30 PM. WE ARE CHECKING WITH ORGANIZATIONS TO SEE IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO DO A FUND RAISER. MEMORIAL DAY CHAMBER FLOAT, IT WAS SUGGESTED THAT WE GET OLD PICTURES AND HAVE THEM

ENLARGED AND DISPLAY THEM ON THE FLOAT. DO IT WITH PAST. PRESENT & FUTURE, LEE PUBLISHING MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO ENLARGEMENTS AND TIM WILL CHECK WITH FRED LEE, JOHN SAID THAT GEHRING HAS A WAGON AND HE'LL CHECK INTO IT. CHECKING TO SEE IF SOMEONE WOULD DONATE A CHAMBER BANNER. WE MIGHT TRY TO GET THE FFA TO MAKE A FAKE BOX CAMERA OUT OF CARD BOARD.

 

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN: MSC JUANITA/MARGARET

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011 AT 6:30 PM, 1 EAST MAIN STREET

 

 Return to the top of the page

MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 9, 2011 MEETING

PRESIDENT TIM SMITH CALLED THE MEETING TO ORDER AT 6:35 PM

ATTENDANCE: TIM SMITH, MARGARET DI GIACOMO, CAROLYN WILLIAMS, JUANITA HANDY, JIM CASTRUCCI, JOHN GEESLER.

DECEMBER MINUTES REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED. MSC JIM CASTRUCCl/JUANITA HANDY CORRESPONDENCE: LETTER FROM MID STATE INS. CO. WITH REGARD TO LIABILITY INSURANCE WE HAVE FOR EVENTS. THANK YOU FROM SUSQUECENTINAL COMMITTEE FOR THE FIRE WORKS ON LAST NIGHT. LETTER FROM ALDI'S STATING THEY ARE NOT PLANNING ON ANY EXPANSIONS. CAROLYN SAID THAT WAL-MART IS IN THE PROCESS OF STARTING DOWN HOME STORES WHICH WOULD BE BASICALLY GROCERY STORES. TIM WILL SEND LETTER OF INTEREST TO THEM.

REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REPORT: CAROLYN WILLIAMS REPORTED BALANCES AS FOLLOWS: OPERATING ACCOUNT $1,549.86, FUND RAISER $4,293.17, CLOCK FUND $3,468.00, BANNER ACCOUNT $135.56, SIGN MAINTENANCE $2,124.63. TOTAL AMOUNT $11,571.22 BREAKDOWN AVAILABLE.

WEB SITE: (RON HEZEL) JAN-DEC TOTAL HITS- STJOHNSVILLE.COM-16,178, NYMOHAWKVALLEY.COM-951 HITS

REVIEW & PAYMENTS OF OUTSTANDING BILLS: $36.00 LEE PUBLICATION, $35.53 MY SHOPPER, $65.04 EXPENSES FOR CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING, $225.00 MEMBERSHIP DUES FOR MCC, SAY IT WITH SIGNS $90;72 FOR A TOTAL OF $452.29 FOR THE FIVE BILLS. MSC JUANITA HANDY/JIM CASTRUCCI

OLD BUSINESS: MEMBERSHIP STANDS AT 49 INCLUDING THOSE JUST RECEIVED, REMOVAL OF 14 MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOT SENT IN MEMBERSHIP DUES.

CLOCK PROJECT: JIM AND TIM WILL BE GETTING TOGETHER WITH GEORGE SOUZA.

SPRING HOURS FOR HAVING CHAMBER OPEN WILL BE JUNE-SEPTEMBER HOURS WILL BE 11:00 AM TO 1:00 PM MARGARET WILL BE GETTING PEOPLE TO OPEN DURING THAT TIME.

NEW BUSINESS: FREE MEMBERSHIP ENROLLMENT SHEETS WILL BE TAKEN TO SENIOR CITIZEN MEETING IN APRIL TO TRY GET THEM INTERESTED IN ENROLLING. SPRINGFEST WAS DISCUSSED AND IT WAS VOTED NOT TO HAVE THE PARADE MSC JIM CASTRUCCl/TIM SMITH. TIM WILL BE GETTING LETTERS OUT TO CRAFTERS AND CAROLYN WILL BE SENDING LETTERS OUT FOR THE TOWPATH RUN. JOHN SUGGESTED THAT ON LETTER TO TOWPATH RUN WE ASK FOR E-MAIL ADDRESSES TO SAVE ON POSTAGE NEXT YEAR. LAURIE BRITTON WILL BE DOING THE PAGEANT ON THURSDAY 5/5/11 AT THE SCHOOL, A CHICKEN BARBEQUE WILL BE HELD ON 5/6/11 AND CAROLYN WILL GET PRICES FROM YOUNG'S. JOHN WILL BE HANDLING THE 23RD ANNUAL TOWPATH RUN WHICH WILL BE IN MEMORY OF DAVID JONES. OTHER IDEAS WERE SIDEWALK ART (WEATHER PERMITTING), PANCAKE BREAKFAST AT THE MASONIC TEMPLE IF POSSIBLE (CAROLYN WILL CHECK WITH MASONS), CATTLE AUCTION (TIM WILL BE CHECKING WITH SCHOOL) COW PIE AND BAKED GOODS AUCTION DONE AT THE SAME TIME AS THE CATTLE AUCTION, ROAD RALLY (JUANITA), JAIL & BAIL.

OTHER: JIM THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A CLAMBAKE AT THE BENEFIT CLUB DURING THE SUMMER AND AT THAT TIME HAVE A POKER RUN.

MOTION TO ADJOURNED : MSC CAROLYN/TIM

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9, 2010 AT 6:30 PM, 1 EAST MAIN STREET.

 Return to the top of the page

NO MEETING HELD IN JANUARY 2011

 Return to the top of the page

 

03.20.13

 [Business Listings] [Home] [Table of Contents Page]

Problems? Additions? Corrections? - to this website?

 Webmaster email: stjohnsville@frontier.com 

Copyright © 1998 - 2013 - by RAH